MINUTES OF A SPECIAL CALLED MEETING OF THE GILCHRIST COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS, HELD APRIL 27, 1992
The Gilchrist County Board of County Commissioners, in and for Gilchrist County, Florida, convened in special session April 27, l992, in the Commissioner's Meeting Room at the Courthouse in Trenton, Florida. The following members were present to-wit:
Other persons in attendance were Jackie R. Barron, Ex-Officio Clerk and Ted Burt, County Attorney.
Invocation was provided by Commissioner Wilkerson.
Special meeting had been called at the request of Danny Hales, Director of Libraries, Suwannee River Regional Library, to consider support of a library grant and authorizing the Chairman to sign. This meeting is was necessary to meet a May lst deadline.Motion was made by Commissioner Mathis adopting Resolution No. 02-08 as follows, seconded by Commissioner Wilkerson and unanimously agreed to by those in attendance.
WHEREAS, the Gilchrist County Commission has provided the facility for the library for Gilchrist County, Florida, and
WHEREAS, the library in and for Gilchrist County, Florida needs to expand in order to provide a more complete facility and
WHEREAS, a Library Expansion Grant has been made available for applications by Gilchrist County and
THEREFORE, be it resolved by the Board of County Commissioners in and for Gilchrist County, Florida, as follows:
l. The Chairman of the Board of County Commissioners is hereby
authorized to make applications for a Public Library Construction Grant for Fiscal Year l993 offered through Florida Department of State, Division of Library and Information Services.
2. By this Resolution, the Board of County Commissioners assures that, if the grant application is accepted, the required fifty (50%) match will be available and unencumbered at the time of the grant award in the form of land and building.
3. The Chairman of the Board of County Commissioners, Jimmie Sheffield, is hereby authorized to sign the grant application.
4. By this Resolution, the Board of County Commissioners assures that funding is sufficient and will be available in order that the project will result in a completed library building.
5. By this Resolution, the Board of County Commissioners assures that upon completion of the project, sufficient funds will be available to operate the facility.
6. By this Resolution, the Board of County Commissioners ratifies and certifies that the Board of County Commissioners has established the library known as the Gilchrist County Library and located at l05 Northeast llth Avenue, Trenton, Florida and that the library is managed through the Suwannee River Regional Library out of Live Oak, Florida, under the direction of John D. Hales, Jr. and that the Board of County Commissioners of Gilchrist County, Florida, has the unconditional use of the site and the building located there.
RESOLVED this 27th day of April, l992.
GILCHRIST COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
By: /s/ Jimmie Sheffield, Chairman
/s/ Jackie R. Barron
There being no other business to come before the Board at this time, motion was made by Commissioner Philman to adjourn at 7:20 P.M., seconded by Commissioner Wilkerson and the meeting adjourned.